Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Prince Story

Emma told me an adorable story this evening before going to bed. She wanted to know if the angels were watching her as she slept. And I replied “yes, of course” and she asked “who else?” I told her God was also watching over her and once again she replied “who else up in the sky is watching me and loves me?” Together we went over the litany of Oma Emma, Grandpa Alber, and Grandma Rose; this was not enough. Grasping for straws a bit, I told her mommy’s old dog Prince was watching over her and loved her too. This is where the real story begins.

Emma thought for a minute and asked me if Prince was playing on the moon. I told her I wasn’t sure, but maybe. She then told me that she would become an astronaut and go up to the moon and bring my little doggy back to me so we could play together again. She also said all her friends from school would help. Hard to keep a dry eye around here tonight. I love my baby girl.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a GREAT story!!! Very sweet!!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Oh my. That's really sweet, Erin!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I was just browsing blogs and was getting caught up on yours and saw this delightful story. What a sweet, sensitive, caring girl you have. I hope you are doing well.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

She is just the sweetest!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Brandee said...

what a wonderful little girl she is. :)

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts